At Zarbee’s®, we believe in the importance of maintaining a healthy gut, and all the systems and processes that depend on it.*
A proactive approach to gut health may support children’s well-being into the future*
Emerging research shows that the gut microbiota that children have in the first 3 to 5 years of life could have far-reaching effects throughout adulthood, including the regulation of metabolism, immunity, and even mood.1-3*
All babies experience some form of gastrointestinal distress from time to time, and up to 30% experience infant colic.4 Research suggests that probiotics may have a protective effect in the digestive tract, along with improving microbial colonization in early infancy.4*
Supporting balanced gut microbiota in children starts with a balanced diet. Here are some tips for parents to try:
- Limit sugary or processed foods, which can have detrimental effects on gut microflora.
- Serve children yogurt with live active cultures.
- Try adding some fermented foods to the family diet, including kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, and apple cider vinegar.
- Prebiotics containing inulin fiber support a healthy gut microflora. Well known sources of prebiotics are Jerusalem artichokes, green bananas or plantains, jicama root, and asparagus.
- Consider a probiotic supplement. Supplementation of the probiotic Bacillus coagulans, in particular, has been shown to maintain host microbiota homeostasis, aid digestion, and promote gut health.6*
Supplementation of the probiotic Bifidobacterium breve, in particular, has been clinically shown to significantly reduce crying time in babies when used daily for 3 months5*
Prebiotics are plant fibers that can stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.*
Probiotics are strains of bacteria that are added directly to the population of healthy microbes in the gut.
Zarbee’s® Baby Immune Support* Handout
Information for parents about supporting their baby’s immune function, plus education on probiotics.
FREE samples & benefits
Be the first to hear Zarbee’s® news, learn about new products, and get access to FREE samples.