At Zarbee’s®, we believe a healthy immune system is the key to overall well-being—which is why trusted immune-supportive* ingredients can be found across most of our areas of care.
A strong immune system is both proactive and protective1
The immune system works by differentiating between the body’s own cells and foreign invaders. Newborns and young children, whose immune systems are still learning and adapting, may need more support than adults.2 When parents feel their children need added immune support, recommend our drug-free immune* products.
Babies are born with underdeveloped innate and adaptive immune systems. Here are some simple ways parents can protect their babies during this period:
- During the first 2 months, limit contact with other people
- Ask visitors to wash their hands
- Keep baby’s vaccines up to date
- For babies 2 months+, consider Zarbee’s® Baby Immune Support & Vitamins, which delivers immune-supporting vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, A, D, and E, and zinc*
For older children
As children’s immune systems continue to grow and develop, it’s important to support their healthy function. These are some simple ways parents can help keep their children’s immune systems strong:
- Serve foods rich in zinc, such as meat, shellfish, and legumes
- Serve foods rich in probiotics, such as yogurt or fermented food
- Serve foods that provide antioxidants, such as berries, broccoli, and dark, leafy greens
- Encourage healthy sleep habits
- Consider a supplement, such as Zarbee’s® Black Elderberry Syrup, which contains immune-supportive* ingredients like elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc
The gut-immune connection
The intestinal mucosal system, which is populated with trillions of microflora, is an integral part of the body’s immunoregulatory network.3
When introduced to the gut, probiotic bacteria promote a healthy immune system by interacting with numerous cell types along the mucosa, including B cells, T cells, regulatory T cells, monocytes, macrophages, NK cells, and dendritic cells.4,5
Research indicates that some probiotics, such as Bacillus coagulans, may support key aspects of innate immune defense mechanisms.6* Consider recommending Zarbee’s® Daily Probiotic Blend, which delivers 0.5 billion CFUs of B. coagulans per serving.
While adults have more robust immune systems than babies and young children, it’s still important to counsel immune-supportive choices and behaviors:
- Eat foods that contain vitamin C, such as oranges, broccoli, kiwi, or cantaloupe
- Eat foods that provide antioxidants, such as berries, broccoli, and dark, leafy greens
- Prebiotics containing inulin fiber support healthy gut microflora. Well-known sources of prebiotics are Jerusalem artichokes, green bananas or plantains, jicama root, and asparagus.
- Maintain healthy sleep habits
- Try daily meditation to decrease stress
- Exercise regularly
- Consider a supplement, such as Zarbee’s® Black Elderberry Immune Support* Syrup, that contains immune-supportive ingredients like elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc*
Zarbee’s® Baby Immune Support* Handout
Information for parents about supporting their baby’s immune function, plus education on probiotics.
FREE samples & benefits
Be the first to hear Zarbee’s® news, learn about new products, and get access to FREE samples.